1 - The first negative thought pattern is worrying (also known as ruminating and fear).
Fear or Worry
- Identifies that which needs to be addressed
- Enables you to initiate a plan of action
- Lasts for a few minutes
- Allows you to let go and trust
Your approach has probably been to worry about or be fearful over something. This is followed by thinking, thinking, and more thinking, all while feeling worried. The more you think about it, the worse you feel. Being worried, scared, or fearful is a very uncomfortable way to live. Doesn’t this feel bad? Of course it does.
- Its purpose is simply an attempt to gain control over something that you have no control over.
- It’s endless - it goes on and on and on and on, and it lasts for an eternity.
- It is allowing yourself to feel powerless - as though you have no choice in the matter.
- It usually takes you in only one direction - down
My intention is to help you to make a more conscious choice about how you think about a given situation, as well as how you approach it. Imagine being concerned about something, addressing it, and then letting it go and trusting that it will work out for the best. Imagine yourself being relaxed during this process. Wouldn’t this feel better? Now you make a conscious choice between the two - to simply be concerned or to be worried, scared, or fearful.
To find out more about this, register for The Power of Your Awareness seminar.